Last Month's Challenge
Runs until December 31, 2021
Hello! Thank you for visiting the MostlyDead challenge page. PLEASE READ EVERYTHING THAT FOLLOWS!
For this contest, the winner receives a $100 gift card and if there are 10 or more QUALIFIED entries into the contest, we will also give out 2nd and 3rd place prizes as well, so if you have friends that you think would enjoy this contest, please tag them in our social media announcements about it, share the post or send them a link to this page (https://www.mostlydead.com/pages/monthly-challenge )
Christmas, Christmas time is here. Time for Ghosts and time for fear…
Once upon a time a small child wrote a letter to Santa. This child asked Santa to deliver the toys of their dreams. Unfortunately, the child sent the letter by the postal service. Several weeks later, the letter landed on the desk, not of SANTA Claus, aka St. Nick, but of his nemesis, SATAN.
Upon receiving many letters from the post office addressed to him, asking for things, The ruler of the underworld decided this was a good opportunity to terrify small children. He gathered his imps, created his own special workshop and started producing toys.
Show us one of the toys those small children received.
This is how your entries will be judged:
1) Makeup concept (idea)
2) Makeup execution (technique/detail)
3) Presentation (setting or background/lighting/costume)
4) Adherence to theme(Is this what we asked for?)
HOW IT WORKS (THE BASICS):
- Create your scene and character and apply makeup and costume.
- Describe your scene in detail according to the suggestions above.
- Take high resolution photos (see requirements below).
- Follow us on Facebook (@mostlydead.com) or Instagram (@mostlydeaddotcom).
- Post photo(s) on your social media page(s), *tag us AND use the hashtags #mostlydeadmakeupchallenge and #eviltoys
- Submit entry by email on or before midnight eastern time,December 31, 2021 to Social@mostlydead.com including:
- First and last name
- If you are under 18 years of age, please state this fact.
- Social Media ID where you posted your contest photo
- Any other social media ID’s or website names you would like posted with your photos.
- Description of your character or scene. (You won’t be judged on spelling or grammar, but please double check your writing to make sure it’s clear and do a quick spell check)
- Your submission photos (2-4 photos)
- State if you believe yourself to be a beginner makeup artist, an intermediate makeup artist or an experienced makeup artist.
- Terms and agreement to terms(below)
Winner will receive a $100 Gift certificate for Mostlydead.com
Only one entry per contestant
If 10 or more qualified entries are received 2nd and 3rd place prizes will also be awarded gifts TBA.
**BE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL RULES TO QUALIFY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN.**
2-4 photos must be submitted by email (email@example.com). Images must be high resolution (minimum 1000 px on the longest side) No digital editing is allowed! You will be disqualified if there is any evidence of photo alterations!(This means digital editing is not allowed on the SUBJECTS...the background and background ONLY may be edited or manufactured.)
At least one photo should be posted and tagged to Facebook (@mostlydead.com) or Instagram(@mostlydeaddotcom) with the hashtags #mostlydeadmakeupchallenge and #eviltoys
Entries must be submitted before Midnight EST Friday, December 31, 2021.
Submission should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
Information from the numbered points listed above.
State "I agree to the terms" AND copy and paste the below Terms into your submission email.
NOTE: Some of you have been submitting the names and social media ID’s of your models and photographers. It’s great that you are crediting everyone involved, and we encourage you to do so on your social media pages, when you post the photos to social media. We always post the social media ID’s of the MUA so people can visit their page and see other credits there, but since this is a makeup contest for makeup artists, we will only be announcing and tagging the names of the makeup artists. There should only be one MUA working on each piece, so there will be one name mentioned for each entry. Your models and photographers absolutely deserve credit for their work, but this is up to you to put on your page. Our announcements will only mention the makeup artist.
Winners will be announced through social media so make sure you are following us on Facebook(@mostlydead.com) or Instagram (@mostlydeaddotcom)
Contestants and all involved in the finished photos including but not limited to the makeup artist, model and photographer agree to grant Mostlydead.com, a Halloween Direct LLC company, its affiliates and assigns the right to use submitted media as deemed fit. This includes distribution digitally, printed media, video and any other media not listed. Contestants warrant that all media submitted is original. Contestants shall assume all liability in regards to and claims of privacy, copyright or intellectual property infringement. Mostlydead.com, a Halloween Direct LLC company, its affiliates and assigns shall not be liable for any claims of damages.