Last Month's Challenge
SEPTEMBER MAKEUP CHALLENGE
Runs until September 30, 2019
Hello! Thank you for visiting the MostlyDead challenge page. PLEASE READ EVERYTHING THAT FOLLOWS!
Each month we hold a new challenge that is open to everyone. Each month we give away a gift certificate code to the lucky winner, and sometimes other prizes as well.
Winner receives a $100 gift card and if there are 10 or more QUALIFIED entries into the contest, we will also give out 2nd and 3rd place prizes as well, so if you have friends that you think would enjoy this contest, please tag them in our social media announcements about it, share the post or send them a link to this page (https://www.mostlydead.com/pages/monthly-challenge)
It’s September 1st and Halloween is getting so close! We wanted to give you a fun and spooky challenge this month to get into that oh so Halloweenie mood.
Halloweenie...Frankenweenie...Frankenstein?...The Inventor!...Edward...Johnny...Sweeney...Turpin...Rickman...Absolum...Red Queen...Helena...Hoffman...Elizabeth...Pfeiffer...Cat Woman...Batman...Keaton...Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!!!
Yessssss….this month you get to create your favorite Tim Burton Character! It doesn’t have to be one that I mentioned. Any Tim Burton Character from any movie is fine. There are plenty to choose from!
Obviously you can’t create a back story for the character, because the back stories already exist, and we are not trying to re-write the work of Mr. Burton. So instead, write a short paragraph telling us why you chose the character, what you like about them and how you relate to the character or are inspired by him or her...or it.
You will be judged on the following criteria:
1) Representation of the character (Is the character recognizable?)
2) Makeup concept (the idea that you were trying to create)
3) Makeup execution (technique/detail- how well you executed your idea)
4) Presentation (setting or background/lighting/costume)
5) Adherence to theme (Did you create a Tim Burton character?)
6) Character explanation (How concisely you explained why you chose the character, etc)
HOW IT WORKS (THE BASICS):
- Choose your character
- Apply makeup and costume.(Prosthetics not required, but may be used. Full costume not required)
- Take high resolution photos (see requirements below).
- Follow us on Facebook (@mostlydead.com) or Instagram (@mostlydeaddotcom).
- Post photo(s) on your social media page(s), *tag us AND use the hashtag #mostlydeadmakeupchallenge and #timburtoncharacter
- Submit entry by email on or before midnight, September 30, 2019 to Social@mostlydead.com including:
- First and last name
- Social Media ID where you posted your contest photo
- Any other social media ID’s or website names you would like posted with your photos.
- Your character choice explanation (Just type or copy/paste the text into your email. You won’t be judged on spelling or grammar, but please double check your writing to make sure it’s clear and do a quick spell check.)
- Your submission photos
- State if you believe yourself to be a beginner makeup artist, an intermediate makeup artist or an experienced makeup artist.
- Terms and agreement to terms(below)
Winner will be announced Tuesday, October 8, 2019
Winner will receive a $100 Gift certificate for Mostlydead.com
Only one entry per contestant
If 10 or more qualified entries are received 2nd and 3rd place prizes will also be awarded.
**BE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL RULES TO QUALIFY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN.**
- 2-4 photos must be submitted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Images must be high resolution (minimum 1000 px on the longest side) No digital editing is allowed! You will be disqualified if there is any evidence of photo alterations!(This means digital editing is not allowed on the SUBJECTS...the background and background ONLY may be edited or manufactured.)
- Recommendation- It helps the process if all of your photos are all about the same size and shape.
- At least one photo should be posted and tagged to Facebook (@mostlydeaddotcom) or Instagram(@mostlydeaddotcom) with the hashtags #mostlydeadmakeupchallenge and #timburtoncharacter
- Entries must be submitted before Midnight EST Monday, September 30, 2019.
- Send your submission, including explanation of why you chose the character, with photo(s) attached to: email@example.com
- Be sure to include all the information in the numbered points listed above.
- State "I agree to the terms" AND copy and paste the below Terms into your submission email.
NOTE: Some of you have been submitting the names and social media ID’s of your models and photographers. It’s great that you are crediting everyone involved, and we encourage you to do so on your social media pages, when you post the photos to social media. We always post the social media ID;s of the MUA so people can visit their page and see other credits there, but since this is a makeup contest for makeup artists, we will only be announcing and tagging the names of the makeup artists. There should only be one MUA working on each piece, so there will be one name mentioned for each entry. Your models and photographers absolutely deserve credit for their work, but this is up to you to put on your page. Our announcements will only mention the makeup artist.
Winners will be announced through social media so make sure you are following us on Facebook(@mostlydead.com) or Instagram (@mostlydeaddotcom