Last Month's Challenge
March Makeup Challenge
Runs until March 31
Hello! Thank you for visiting the MostlyDead challenge page. PLEASE READ EVERYTHING THAT FOLLOWS!
Each month we hold a new challenge that is open to everyone. Each month we give away a gift certificate code to the lucky winner, and sometimes other prizes as well.
Winner receives a $100 gift card and if there are 10 or more QUALIFIED entries into the contest, we will also give out 2nd and 3rd place prizes as well, so if you have friends that you think would enjoy this contest, please tag them in our social media announcements about it, share the post or send them a link to this page (https://www.mostlydead.com/pages/monthly-challenge )
We made it! Winter is coming to a close and this month spring Marches in on the 19th. Spring is the time of transformations. Frozen landscapes start to melt and change from white to green. Days get longer, brown foliage grows new leaves and turns green again. Caterpillars come out of their cocoons as butterflies. Bears wake up with a new, slim figure- and you are going to have a sex change!
To celebrate the transformation of the season, and to try something new and have a lot of fun, this month we will all be transforming into the opposite gender. I’m not sure there’s a need for much more of an explanation...men become women and women become men (only temporarily, of course). If you already live or play as the opposite gender, this may be easy for you, but for some, it may be quite a challenge. You may use prosthetics, facial hair, wigs, clothing or anything else to make this change. As always, let’s keep it PG-13. You may also use a model, as opposed to changing yourself, but we will need to see before and after photos either way.
Write a brief bio on your character to tell us who you would be as the opposite sex. (Be as creative as you like) Include things such as likes, dislikes, hobbies, job/career, personality type, relationship etc...
(keep it under about 200 words, please)
You will be judged on the following criteria:
2) Makeup concept
3) Makeup execution (technique/detail)
4) Presentation (setting or background/lighting/costume)
5) Adherence to theme
6) Character development /bio
HOW IT WORKS (THE BASICS):
Create your character and apply makeup and costume.
Create character's bio
Take high resolution photos (see requirements below).
Follow us on Facebook (@mostlydead.com) or Instagram (@mostlydeaddotcom).
Post photo(s) on your social media page(s), *tag us AND use the hashtags #mostlydeadmakeupchallenge and #transformationmakeup
Submit entry by email on or before midnight March 31, 2020 to Social@mostlydead.com including:
- First and last name
- If you are under 18 years of age, please state this fact.
- Social Media ID where you posted your contest photo
- Any other social media ID’s or website names you would like posted with your photos.
- Description of your character or scene. (You won’t be judged on spelling or grammar, but please double check your writing to make sure it’s clear and do a quick spell check.)
- Your submission photos (2-4 photos plus 1 “before” photo)
- State if you believe yourself to be a beginner makeup artist, an intermediate makeup artist or an experienced makeup artist.
- Terms and agreement to terms(below)
Winner will be announced Thursday, April 9, 2020
Winner will receive a $100 Gift certificate for Mostlydead.com
Only one entry per contestant
If 10 or more qualified entries are received 2nd and 3rd place prizes will also be awarded.
**BE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL RULES TO QUALIFY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN.**
- 2-4 photos (plus 1 “before” photo) must be submitted by email (email@example.com). Images must be high resolution (minimum 1000 px on the longest side) No digital editing is allowed! You will be disqualified if there is any evidence of photo alterations!(This means digital editing is not allowed on the SUBJECTS...the background and background ONLY may be edited or manufactured.)
- At least one photo should be posted and tagged to Facebook (@mostlydead.com) or Instagram(@mostlydeaddotcom) with the hashtags #mostlydeadmakeupchallenge and #transformationmakeup
- Entries must be submitted before Midnight EST Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
- Send your submission, including Bio, with photo(s) attached to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to include all the information in the numbered points listed above.
- State "I agree to the terms" AND copy and paste the below Terms into your submission email.
NOTE: Some of you have been submitting the names and social media ID’s of your models and photographers. It’s great that you are crediting everyone involved, and we encourage you to do so on your social media pages, when you post the photos to social media. We always post the social media ID;s of the MUA so people can visit their page and see other credits there, but since this is a makeup contest for makeup artists, we will only be announcing and tagging the names of the makeup artists. There should only be one MUA working on each piece, so there will be one name mentioned for each entry. Your models and photographers absolutely deserve credit for their work, but this is up to you to put on your page. Our announcements will only mention the makeup artist.
Winners will be announced through social media so make sure you are following us on Facebook(@mostlydead.com) or Instagram (@mostlydeaddotcom
Contestants and all involved in the finished photos including but not limited to the makeup artist, model and photographer agree to grant Mostlydead.com, a Halloween Direct LLC company, its affiliates and assigns the right to use submitted media as deemed fit. This includes distribution digitally, printed media, video and any other media not listed. Contestants warrant that all media submitted is original. Contestants shall assume all liability in regards to and claims of privacy, copyright or intellectual property infringement. Mostlydead.com, a Halloween Direct LLC company, its affiliates and assigns shall not be liable for any claims of damages.