Last Month's Challenge
January- February Makeup Challenge
Runs through February 28
Hello! Thank you for visiting the MostlyDead challenge page. PLEASE READ EVERYTHING THAT FOLLOWS!
Each month we hold a new challenge that is open to everyone. Each month we give away a gift certificate code to the lucky winner, and sometimes other prizes as well.
Winner receives a $100 gift card and if there are 10 or more QUALIFIED entries into the contest, we will also give out 2nd and 3rd place prizes as well, so if you have friends that you think would enjoy this contest, please tag them in our social media announcements about it, share the post or send them a link to this page (https://www.mostlydead.com/pages/monthly-challenge)
This contest is going to be different in a few different ways. First of all, it’s going to run for two months instead of one. It will be open through the end of February. Second, you will be allowed, and encouraged, to work with a second makeup artist and enter as a team. Both names will be announced and each artist will receive the full prize. It is not required to have a collaborator, but it is allowed for this contest ONLY unless otherwise specified in the future.
As you may know, Valloween (referred to by some as “Valentine’s Day”) is one of our favorite holidays, as it’s a time for Vampire Balls, Zombie Proms, Monster Masquerades and all kinds of interesting pairings (kind-of like a wine and cheese party, but with more blood). In this vein, we want to see your interesting Valloween pairing. Which monster will be taking you to the dance? In other words, show us Boo and You ready for your Valloween date.
This is along the lines of a Beauty and the Beast type situation. You (and your partner) will create 2 characters. One will have beauty makeup and one will have sfx makeup. The beauty makeup may be for a man or a woman. They may be in drag, the couple may be of any sexual orientation, but please keep the photos PG rated.
Please describe your couple:
Tell us things like how they met, where they are headed for their Valloween date, How the Valloween date went, what they like about each other, what they have in common, what obstacles they face in their relationship, etc.
(keep it under about 200 words, please)
You will be judged on the following criteria:
2) Makeup concept
3) Makeup execution (technique/detail)
4) Presentation (setting or background/lighting/costume)
5) Adherence to theme
6) Character development (backstory and/or how well the pictures tell the story)
HOW IT WORKS (THE BASICS):
- Find a collaborator (optional)
- Create characters’ story
- Create your characters and apply makeup and costume.
- Take high resolution photos (see requirements below).
- Follow us on Facebook (@mostlydead.com) or Instagram (@mostlydeaddotcom). If working as a team, both parties must be following us on at least one of these platforms.
- Post photo(s) on your social media page(s), *tag us AND use the hashtags #mostlydeadmakeupchallenge and #valloween2020. If collaborating, each artist should post at least one photo.
- Submit entry by email on or before midnight February 29, 2020 to Social@mostlydead.com including:
- First and last name of each artist
- If you are under 18 years of age, please state this fact.
- Shipping address(es) and Tshirt sizes for physical prizes that may be issued.
- Social Media IDs where you posted your contest photos
- Any other social media ID’s or website names you would like posted with your photos.
- Description of your character or scene in about 200 words or less. (You won’t be judged on spelling or grammar, but please double check your writing to make sure it’s clear and do a quick spell check.)
- Your submission photos (no more than 4 photos,please)
- State if you believe yourself to be a beginner makeup artist, an intermediate makeup artist or an experienced makeup artist.
- Terms and agreement to terms(below)
Winner will be announced Monday, March 9, 2020
Winner will receive a $100 Gift certificate for Mostlydead.com
Only one entry per contestant/collaboration
If 10 or more qualified entries are received 2nd and 3rd place prizes will also be awarded.
**BE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL RULES TO QUALIFY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN.**
- 3-4 photos must be submitted by email (email@example.com).
- There should be at least one photo of each character alone and at least one photo of the characters together.
- Images must be high resolution (minimum 1000 px on the longest side) No digital editing is allowed! You will be disqualified if there is any evidence of photo alterations!(This means digital editing is not allowed on the SUBJECTS...the background and background ONLY may be edited or manufactured.)
- At least one photo should be posted and tagged to Facebook (@mostlydead.com) or Instagram(@mostlydeaddotcom) with the hashtags #mostlydeadmakeupchallenge and #valloween2020
- Entries must be submitted before Midnight EST Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
- Send your submission, including description/ explanation of scene or character, with photo(s) attached to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to include all the information in the numbered points listed above.
- State "I agree to the terms" AND copy and paste the below Terms into your submission email.
NOTE: Some of you have been submitting the names and social media ID’s of your models and photographers. It’s great that you are crediting everyone involved, and we encourage you to do so on your social media pages, when you post the photos to social media. We always post the social media ID;s of the MUA so people can visit their page and see other credits there, but since this is a makeup contest for makeup artists, we will only be announcing and tagging the names of the makeup artists. There should only be one MUA working on each piece, so there will be one name mentioned for each entry. Your models and photographers absolutely deserve credit for their work, but this is up to you to put on your page. Our announcements will only mention the makeup artist.
Winners will be announced through social media so make sure you are following us on Facebook(@mostlydead.com) or Instagram (@mostlydeaddotcom)
CONTESTANTS AND ALL INVOLVED IN THE FINISHED PHOTOS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE MAKEUP ARTIST, MODEL AND PHOTOGRAPHER AGREE TO GRANT MOSTLYDEAD.COM, A HALLOWEEN DIRECT LLC COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES AND ASSIGNS THE RIGHT TO USE SUBMITTED MEDIA AS DEEMED FIT. THIS INCLUDES DISTRIBUTION DIGITALLY, PRINTED MEDIA, VIDEO AND ANY OTHER MEDIA NOT LISTED. CONTESTANTS WARRANT THAT ALL MEDIA SUBMITTED IS ORIGINAL. CONTESTANTS SHALL ASSUME ALL LIABILITY IN REGARDS TO AND CLAIMS OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT. MOSTLYDEAD.COM, A HALLOWEEN DIRECT LLC COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES AND ASSIGNS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS OF DAMAGES.