"Welcome Back to Ghoul"
Hello! Thank you for visiting the Mostlydead Challenge page. Each month we hold a new challenge that is open to everyone. Usually they are makeup challenges, sometimes other things. This month is a makeup challenge. Each month we give away a $100 gift certificate code to the lucky winner, and sometimes some other prizes as well.
I hope you have all had a wonderful summer and are squeezing the most out of the sunny weather before the leaves start to change and you (or your children) are dragged back to the tedious routine of the school year. Speaking of school...that is where this month's challenge comes in.
We have all had that one teacher, administrator or even a after-school sitter that really rubbed us the wrong way. You may have even given them a nickname or doodled pictures of their “true self” in your notebook. Perhaps you did skits or a short video of them being monstrous, evil and annoying, but as a child there's not much else you could have done to enlighten the world of just how awful they were. It may have been years, even decades since you have seen this person, but it's never too late to get sweet revenge! Now is the time to show the world the deepest, darkest depths of your most horrible educator....
WELCOME BACK TO GHOUL!!
For this challenge, transform yourself, or someone else, into the “true self” of your most despised teacher. This could be in any stage of your life, from pre-school to college. In addition to the makeup part of the challenge, we want the story... tell us who they were to you, why you chose them and exactly what the monster you've created does to children or what its power is.
Gift certificate will be awarded to the best makeup/concept. Winning photo may be featured on our website.
**This month's challenge does not require a prosthetic, but may include one or more, if desired.
How it works:
1. Create your character and apply makeup and costume (full costume not required)
2. Take photos (high resolution...see below*)
3. Follow us on Facebook (@mostlydead.com) or Instagram (@mostlydeaddotcom)
4. Re-post original social media post on your page (IG and/or FB).
5. Tag 2 people that you think would be interested in this contest.
6. Post a photo on social media (tag us AND use the hashtag #mostlydeadmakeupchallenge)
7. Submit entry by email to Social@mostlydead.com including agreement to terms (below) before Friday, August 31, 2018
8. Winner will be announced Friday, Sept 7, 2018.
- **Be sure to follow ALL rules to qualify for a chance to win.**
- 2 photos minimum must be submitted by email
- Images must be high resolution (*minimum 1200px on the longest side)
- No digital editing is allowed! You will be disqualified if there is any evidence of photo alterations
- At least one photo should be posted and tagged to Facebook (@mostlydead.com) or Instagram(@mostlydeaddotcom) with the hashtag #mostlydeadmakeupchallenge
- Entries must be submitted before Midnight EST Friday, August 31, 2018
- Send your submission with back story and photos attached to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to tell us your name and your social media ID where you posted your entry.
- Also, please include any other social media IDs or websites that you own that you wish to have displayed with your artwork when the contest wraps up. (We always post our contestants’ names and info with their artwork upon announcing the winner, so you get some notoriety just for entering)
- State "I agree to the terms" and copy and paste the below Terms into your submission email.
Winners will be announced through social media so you must follow us on Facebook(@mostlydead.com) or Instagram (@mostlydeaddotcom)
Contestants and all involved in the finished photos including but not limited to the makeup artist, model and photographer agree to grant Mostlydead.com, a Halloween Direct LLC company, its affiliates and assigns the right to use submitted media as deemed fit. This includes distribution digitally, printed media, video and any other media not listed. Contestants warrant that all media submitted is original. Contestants shall assume all liability in regards to and claims of privacy, copyright or intellectual property infringement. Mostlydead.com, a Halloween Direct LLC company, its affiliates and assigns shall not be liable for any claims of damages.
Winner will be notified by email so set your spam filters to accept emails from email@example.com