Shipping TimeMostlydead.com is dedicated to providing the best service with safe practices in these times of concern.
We have enacted heightened sanitation practices for the safety of everyone. Yes, we were fortunate to have several large hand sanitizers, gallons of alcohol and ample toilet paper before the scarcity.
We encourage social distancing and safe practices for all employees and are limiting the number of people in the warehouse at one time.
Since COVID we have been taking extreme caution with all incoming packages. All packages are put aside in a quarantine area for about 72 hours before being handled. This includes incoming product and returns.
Now on to business:
We all need to do our part to carry the load and to keep spirits high.We are open and shipping Monday through Friday.
- Order by 12 noon (EST) M-F for same day ship out
- Delivery times may be effected by carrier enacted safe handling practices, USPS has been experiencing 2 to 5 day delays since the holiday season.
- Out going international shipments may be shipped by sea transport due to limited availability of air cargo space. This is causing 4 to 6+ weeks delay.
- DHL & UPS Express shipments are delayed by 2 to 10 days in addition to normal transit times
Below statements may be affected by carrier safe handling policies and local / federal mandates:
We have been experiencing occasional delays of one to 5 days for USA domestic parcels shipped by US Postal Service Priority. Average delivery time is 4 to 8 business days. Please take this into account when placing your order.
MostlyDead.com is open Monday through Friday and ships all year round. Please see below for current expected processing, shipping and delivery times using standard shipping methods.
Orders must be placed before 12 Noon Eastern Standard Time Monday through Friday in order for them to ship out same day. Orders placed after 12 Noon Eastern Standard Time on Friday will not ship out until the following Monday.
Props and bulky items can only be shipped by ground to locations within the continental USA. See below FedEx Ground map for delivery times.
!!! FedEx does NOT deliver on Saturday and NONE of our carriers deliver on Sunday !!!
USPS Priority Mail:
Order by 12 Noon Eastern Time (US) Monday through Friday for same day ship out.
USPS (United States Postal Service - Mail) Priority Mail Delivery Maps
Shipping times: Example of delivery times: If you order before 12 Noon on Monday Eastern Standard Time and your area shows as 2 Day delivery below, Tuesday counts as Day 1, and you will receive your item on Wednesday. Please note Sunday is NOT counted in transit times shown below. HI and AK can expect 2 additional days for delivery. USPS Express is 1 day to 2 days to most areas.
FedEx Ground:Example of delivery times: If you order before 12 Noon Eastern Standard Time on Monday and your area shows as 3 Day delivery below, Tuesday counts as Day 1, and you will receive your item on Thursday. Please note Saturday and Sunday are NOT counted in transit times shown below. Times to Canada are not available and can vary.
COVID-19 Shipping Delays:
Expect 6 to 10 weeks additional delivery times on First Class International packages and 1 to 2 weeks on any express shipping options.
Undelivered packages are not considered lost until 3 months after shipping.
Many countries have imposed restrictions on international goods and / or are experiencing slow downs due to limited postal staff. Some basic information can be found here: US Postal Service International Service Disruptions
Please check with your local postal service for the most up to date information for your area.
Certain items cannot be shipped outside of the United States. Props, tombstones, bulky items and items that contain flammable liquid will not be shipped outside of the US. Additional restrictions have been implemented due to COVID-19 and vary by country.
Many of these items are identified with the following notice: Important: (Item) ships to locations within the USA only.
These items are either not allowed to be shipped by air transport or are too bulky to ship using our shipping carriers or present cost restrictive logistical challenges.
If a restricted item is ordered and cannot be shipped to your location the item will be excluded from your parcel and refunded.Shipping Methods
We offer 4 shipping methods to areas outside of the United States. Please take note of the details of each listed below. Some services are not available to all areas.
IMPORTANT: There may be final delivery fees imposed by carriers for Customs clearing. These fees are due upon delivery and are not included in the initial shipping cost.
- USPS First Class (2 to 4 weeks extended to 6 to 8 weeks due to COVID-19): Most economical, slowest, not guaranteed, customs fees may be due upon delivery.
- USPS Priority Mail International (About 10 days extended to 2 to 3 weeks due to COVID-19): Does not have Customs Broker and may take longer to clear, customs fees may be due upon delivery.
- DHL Express Worldwide (appears as "Worldwide" at checkout) (3 to 5 business days with some additional delays to some areas due to COVID-19): Preferred carrier for price, reliability and speed. Extra Customs Broker fees may apply upon delivery.
- UPS Worldwide Expedited (4 to 5 business days with some additional delays to some areas due to COVID-19): Most expensive, charges additional Customs Broker fees upon delivery